"The Dutch game industry" is often abstract, even for people who are part of it. This keeps us from being able to show who we are, what we make, and what we are capable of.
This directory aims to give conversations about the Dutch game industry a concrete interpretation. This goal can only be attained if the directory is up to date, which requires everyone in the Dutch game industry to add their company and latest games. Adding a company or game should not take longer than 4 minutes per entry, so this is not a big ask.
Examples of what this directory can enable:
- A developer relations person from a major platform sees at a glance what games on their platform came from the Netherlands, convincing them to pay a visit.
- The government sees the scale and quality of the Dutch game industry at a glance, allowing them to make better decisions.
- A company finds a game development studio to hire after seeing which studios have made games for clients previously.
- A journalist finds a game development studio relevant to the article they are writing.
- A game developer proposes to an online store to make a 'Dutch Games Bundle', sending them a list of games found in this directory for the store to pick from.
- A game studio finds a freelance game artist to work with after searching the database for '2D art' and filtering the results to company size '1'.
- A game developer finds other developers in their region and sets up an informal meeting at a bar to get to know each other.
- A student finds a company they would love to do an internship with.
- A researcher uses the directory as a starting point to do research in the Dutch game industry.
This directory was created by game developers in the Netherlands and its entries rely entirely on contributions. This directory is not funded and has no hidden agenda.
For questions and suggestions: email@example.com